Friday, August 5, 2011

Tongue

Words trembling
At the sticky tilt

Wanting to leap off.


Will you

Help me

Tease

It out

To roll the R's -- To swirl the tongue
To purse the lips -- To spill the beans


No truth potion, no torture
Could make me confess

The sound of night's indigo voice
And what it whispered.


In your soul mirror
I saw

All that you possessed--
The songs of a thousand kingfishers

Shimmering intangible colours
And my lute that you took away

Pledging infinity in return.


I see its point
When it holds back

Pink eyeless screaming worm
Blindly trashing
Rolling back
Imprisoning itself

A muggy cave of beginnings. Here, I
Stick out my neck, unstick those words.

Put your tongue
Where it belongs

You know where--


Deeper.

Probe for me

Among the distilled
molecules of my

Fragmented self.


Stifle my cries
O prying mouth. Seek
The lyrical secret.

Crush my words
Winged monsters

I want to speak
With my wounds.

No comments: