Saturday, May 13, 2017

Small. Static. Soft.






"Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand.”
                                                                                                   __ Anon


With all this regressiveness, aggressiveness and downright stupidity that seem to be happening all over the world, I think it is time to announce that I don't identify as any gender, with any religion or race. I am but a harmless lump of cells functioning as an organism pulsating along through life in the most self-effacing, goofy fashion. If I have to identify as anything, then I am a sad, exceptionally inconsequential nihilist meme or the physical manifestation of a bad, slightly obscure pun.
I stand for "raw, unalloyed, agenda-less kindness", intelligent and informed empathy, that pause before deciding to lash out, to abuse, mock and destroy. I stand for that understanding that "speaking one's mind" is not an excuse for cruelly breaking down someone, of the importance of taking time to look carefully, patiently and critically and give a clear, precise feedback which is constructive rather than destructive.
In a world where increasingly people are forgetting to listen, where most opinions, arguments or suggestions are dismissed unless forcefully and powerfully presented, where too much importance is given to talking than listening, I stand for bringing in a culture of listening - careful, intelligent and deeply involved listening.
I stand for that sense of wonder that comes with the utter emptying of oneself, the total dissolving of every preconceived notions, assumptions or that sense of 'I' in the presence of beauty (of that odd, soft, crumbly kind), sheer brilliance (the kind I witness everyday from the young people around me), pure thought, a leap of imagination. 


Image: From Tumblr


No comments: